This article explains the steps to follow and the things to keep in mind while configuring a coupon (for online ordering) which allows users to get a %-age discount on their order provided they've purchased a particular quantity from a set of specific items.
The promotional title for such a coupon would be something like:
- Buy 2 Burgers and get 50% off
- Buy 3 Medium Pepperoni pizzas and get 33% off
- In the Quint dashboard, go to Configuration ➝ Ordering ➝ Coupons, and click on "Add Coupon"
- Provide the basic details about the coupon and remember to set the coupon's Type as Percentage.
- Save the coupon, after which the Rules and Actions sections will be visible.
- Set any rule as you see fit.
- In the Actions section, select the Item Inclusion/Exclusion option
- Amongst the many attributes, you'll find the attributes to specify Quantity constraints:
- You have the option of specifying only the Min Quantity value, or both Min and Max.
Things to keep in mind
- If you are adding quantity based constraints along with Max discount constraint, the Max Qty check will be ignored, if specified.
- The quantity check is applicable to the sum of quantities of each item. So, if the order has even 1 item, it's quantity value will be used.
- Only the Percentage coupon type is supported for this configuration.