In a scenario where you've received a transfer request for goods that are not stocked up at requested location, you'd be required to place a PO to the supplier for the same.
This article walks you through the steps involved in converting a transfer request into a PO:
- From Inventory section, go to Transfers
- Go to Transfers received tab and select the location at which you'd like to view the requests. Once you find the TR you are looking for, click the TR number to view detail:
- Notice that for this transfer request the requested quantities for the goods are more than the stock at the location. This means, that the location can't fulfil the request, unless it procures these goods itself first.
- Hover over the more button, and select Convert to PO option:
- The system will prompt you to select the supplier to whom you want to raise the PO
- Fill required details, and click Approve PO.
That's all you have successfully created a PO from a TR.