Raw materials can be your item ingredients, packaging material or other things that you have to procure like tissues for the restaurant.
- Name - this is the display name of the raw material
- Category - this represents the material group this raw material belongs to
- Supplier - this the default supplier for the raw material
Locations that the raw material is available at. The product can only be sold at these locations and inventory can also only be added at this location for the product.
If you don't see a location, then you should reach out to the administrator for giving you the permission to add/update products on that location.
Unit of measurement
The unit in which the raw material is measured. It can have multiple units of measurement.
- Base Unit - the unit for tracking inventory. This is the minimum amount you can sell at.
- Default Unit - the default unit to be chosen to show inventory in, sell and receive with.
- SKU - unique stock keeping code. If left blank a code will be auto generated
- Bar Code - barcode if any printed on the product
- Standard Cost Price (for base unit) - standard Cost Price of the base unit. A separate weighted average cost will be automatically calculated as you receive stock.