Intermediates are products that are prepared from a group of raw materials, but aren't directly sold. They are in fact, used just like other raw materials for finished products.
The most basic example would be dough.
It is prepared from Flour + Water. Once prepared, it can be used as a raw material for different products like: Rolls, Pizza, Sandwich etc.
Here are the details that make intermediates in Prime:
- Name - this is the display name of the intermediate
- Category - this represents the material group this intermediate belongs to
- Supplier - this the default supplier for the intermediate
Locations that the intermediate is available at. The product can only be sold at these locations and inventory can also only be added at this location for the product.
If you don't see a location, then you should reach out to the administrator for giving you the permission to add/update products on that location.
Unit of measurement
The unit in which the intermediate is measured. It can have multiple units of measurement.
- Base Unit - the unit for tracking inventory. This is the minimum amount you can sell at.
- Default Unit - the default unit to be chosen to show inventory in, sell and receive with.
- SKU - unique stock keeping code. If left blank a code will be auto generated
- Bar Code - barcode if any printed on the product
- Standard Cost Price (for base unit) - standard Cost Price of the base unit. A separate weighted average cost will be automatically calculated as you receive stock.