You can add a new raw material or update the details of an existing item either from the User interface (UI) or Comma separated value (CSV) sheet.
Following the step by step guide to add/update an raw material through each mode:
Add/ Update a raw material from User Interface (UI):
- From Raw Material section, go to Material list
- Inside the Material's list, click +New Raw material button
- Enter Basic Information, Location associations, Inventory, and Identifiers
- After all the details have been filled, hit the Create Product button.
That's all your material has been created.
Add/ Update a raw material with CSV sheet:
When you want to add/update materials in bulk, then you can use a specifically formatted sheet, like CSV, and export and import your data.
Here is the step-by-step guide to add/update materials in bulk using comma-separated-values:
- On Raw material > Material, click on the three dot button and select Import Material option.
- Download the CSV template from Bulk Create/ Edit Materials screens.
- Open the Downloaded Template in any of the spreadsheet software like Excel. Add the material you want to create as new rows. And, edit the materials that you want to update.
- Export the file with all the changes again in CSV. And drop this CSV file in the Upload Fill Data section
- Review the changes and Save data to system.
That's all your materials have been uploaded successfully.