You can add a new item or update the details of an existing item either from the User interface (UI) or Comma separated value (CSV) sheet.
Following the step by step guide to add/update an item through each mode:
Add/update item through User Interface (UI)
- From Catalogue section, go to Item's list.
- Inside the Item's list, click the + New Item button.
- Enter title, price, category, sort order, food type and other options details of the product.
- Click Create Item button. Your item has been created.
- To update details of an existing item, click the name of the item that you want to change.
- Modify the fields that you want to. Then, click Save.
Add/ update items through a comma-separated-value (CSV) sheet
When you want to add/update items in bulk, then you can use a specifically formatted sheet, like CSV, and export and import your data.
Satellite Prime uses CSV (comma-separated-value) format for all sheet import and export. These CSV files can be opened in various spreadsheet tools like Microsoft Excel, Google Spreadsheet, Apple's Numbers, LibraOffice Sheets etc.
Here is the step-by-step guide to add/update items in bulk using comma-separated-values:
- On Catalogue > Item screen, click on the 3-dot button to select Import Catalogue options
- Download the CSV Template from the Bulk Create/Edit Items screen.
- Go through the Fill Data section to understand the data expected for each column.
- Open the Downloaded Template in any of the spreadsheet software like Excel. Add the items you want to create as new rows. And, edit the items that you want to update.
- Export the file with all the changes again in CSV. And drop this CSV file in the Upload Fill Data section
- After reviewing the updates, Save the data to system.