You can add a new modifier-group or update the details of an existing modifier-group either from the User interface (UI) or Comma separated value (CSV) sheet.
Following the step by step guide to add/update a modifier-group through each mode:
Adding/updating modifier-group through UI:
- From Catalogue section, go to Modifier group list.
- Inside Modifier group list, click on the + New Modifier Group button.
- Enter Modifier-group type, Title, Handle, Sort order and Description for the new modifier group that you want to create.
- Click the Save button. Your modifier group has been created.
- To update the modifier-group, click on the name of the modifier-group.
- Go to Modifiers tab, and click on + Create new modifier button.
- Fill Title, Default sales price, Food type and Sort order for the modifier. Then click Create Modifier button.
- To associate the modifier, with locations, click on the name of the modifier.
- Under location's tab, click on the Restrict location button, and select the location on which you want to sell this modifier.
Add/ update modifier-group through a comma-separated-value (CSV) sheet
When you want to add/update modifier-groups in bulk, then you can use a specifically formatted sheet, like CSV, and export and import your data.
Here is the step-by-step guide to add/update modifier-groups in bulk using comma-separated-values:
- On Catalogue > Modifier Group screen, click on the 3-dot button to select Import Modifier Group options
- Download the CSV Template from the Bulk Create Modifier Groups screen.
- Go through the Fill Data section to understand the data expected for each column.
- Open the Downloaded Template in any of the spreadsheet software like Excel. Add the items you want to create as new rows. And, edit the items that you want to update.
- Export the file with all the changes again in CSV. And drop this CSV file in the Upload Fill Data section
- After reviewing the updates, Save the data to system.