Modifiers are added to items, when they come in different options. Each combination of the modifiers, is an sell-able entity.
The collective group of modifiers is called modifier-group.
Now, modifiers-groups can be of two types: Variants or Add-ons
These are modifier-groups that change the way an item is sold.
For example, a Pizza item can have size as small, medium & large. These are three variants of the same Pizza item. Now when the customer select a variant of the Pizza item, it changes the way you sell the same Pizza item.
These are modifier-groups that are additional to the base item that is sold.
For example, a Pizza item can have toppings like Onions, Capsicum, Jalapenos, Chilis, Paneer etc. There are additional modifications that can be done to the base item. Now when the customer selects add-on(s), you sell the base item along with the additional add-ons selected.
Following are the details that make modifier group:
- Modifier group type - can be either a variant group or an add-on group
- Min Selectable, Max Selectable - this is the applicable range in which the customer can select add-ons (*only applicable for add-ons)
- Title - this is the display name of modifier group
- Handle - this a unique identifier for your modifier-group, which can be used at different places across Prime for referencing it. This is also an editable field.
- Sort Order - this the position index of the modifier-group inside its parent item.
- Description - this is description to your modifier group.
Following are the details that make modifiers:
- Title - this is the display name of the modifier.
- Default Price - this is modifier base price. This price can be over-ridden at location level.
- Food Type - food type can be veg, non-veg or egg. This is mandatory field that need to be filled for a modifier.
- Sort Order - this the position index of the modifier inside its parent modifier-group.