In a setup where the restaurant manages tables following is the workflow for order punching:
- Open a table
- Assign a server/ waiter
- Waiter takes orders against the table (either from waiter app or from the POS itself — this doc will describe the latter)
- KOT is printed for each item added to the open table for kitchen to know about it
- Item is marked served when it has been given to the customer
With the workflow established, here is the step-by-step guide on how to do this:
- Select the table number under the floor on which you open an order. In this case, First Floor - table number 2.
- Enter the number of customers sitting on the table. Click New Bill once done.
- Your table is open. You should get a view similar to this. Click on the Server section to assign to order to a waiter.
- Select the waiter name who is going to attend customers on the selected table.
- Now, you can start taking in orders. Click on Take Order for that. Your table view should change to catalogue view, similar to this:
- Select the category from which you want to add the item. Let's say, Pastries.
It'll show you all the items belonging to this category.
- Click the name of the item that you want to add to the cart. Let's say "Choice of any 6 Pastry Box"
If the item doesn't have any modifiers, it'll simply add the item to the order. However, if it does then it'll prompt you with something like this:
- Once done, item will be added to the order.
Extra: If you want to change the quantity of an item or remove it you can do it from this view itself.
- Once done, click on Finish Order to exit from this table. You order is now in `ongoing` state. You can jump to other tables and take their orders.
- Let's say now, your items are ready by the kitchen. The server is going to come on. Click on the table number to come back to this view, then click the Mark Served button to log the item was served to the customer.
That's all. You have learned how to open a table and mange it. Head over to the Settle bill and clear table article next.