Items are products that you want to sell. Following are the details that make an item:
- Title - this is the display name of the item.
- Handle - this a unique identifier for your item, which can be used at different places across Prime for referencing the item. This is also an editable field.
- Category - this represents the item-group that this item belongs to.
- Food Type - food type can be veg, non-veg or egg. This is mandatory field that need to be filled for an item.
- Sort Order - this the position index of the item inside its parent category.
- is Recommended - items that are marked recommended show up on the top section on aggregator UI in "restaurant's recommendations"
- Default Sales Price - this is item base price. This price can be over-ridden at location or platform level.
- Markup Price (Optional) - this is just a dummy price, that shows on aggregator as the slashed price.
- Description - this is the description of your item. The description text is used by aggregator, along with title, in user search queries.
- Images - this is the image that shows on aggregator and POS interface for an item.
- Tags - these are labels that are used to filter item list, in various workflow like item-location association, while doing bulk actions.
Taxes & Charges
An item can have one/more taxes and charges associated. However, there is no real meaning of a tax/charge associated to an item alone. It is the combination of item and location that specifies that tax and charge component on the item.
Therefore, at that item level, tax and charge groups are only for representation purpose.
Items can also be associated with locations, at which you want to sell these items. Here again, items can have their price overridden - if you wish to have geographically targeted pricing. Here is how it works:
- Associated locations
This defined the locations that the item is associated with. Using the "update" button on "Associated locations" card - you can add/remove the locations at which you want to sell an item.
- Location overridden item price
On associated location (where the items are being sold), it is possible to define the overridden location level item price.
While adding/updating items you can define the sales platforms - direct or indirect - where you want to sell them along with the price at which you want to sell.