User creation in Prime can be done from UI for creating individual users or via CSV sheets for creating multiple users. Here is the step-by-step guide for doing so:
Adding users through User interface(UI)
- From Company Admin, go to Users section
- Click the + New User button on the right top corner
- This will present you with a form to create a new user. Following are the fields that have to be filled: Full name, Username, Password, Email & Role
- Once you fill the form, hit the Save button.
Similarly if you can open details of any user, edit details and save changes for updates.
Adding/Updating users via comma-separated-value(CSV) sheets
When you want to add/update users in bulk, then you can use a specifically formatted sheet, like CSV, and export and import your data.
Prime uses CSV (comma-separated-value) format for all sheet import and export. These CSV files can be opened in various spreadsheet tools like Microsoft Excel, Google Spreadsheet, Apple's Numbers, LibraOffice Sheets etc.
Here is the step-by-step guide to add/update users in bulk using comma-separated-values:
- In the Company Admin > Users screen, click on the 3-dot button to select Import users options
- Download the CSV Template from the Bulk Create/Edit users screen.
- Go through the Fill Data section to understand the data expected for each column.
- Open the Downloaded Template in any of the spreadsheet software like Excel. Add the users you want to create as new rows. And, edit the users that you want to update.
- Save the file with all the changes again in CSV. And drop this CSV file in the Upload Filled Data section.
- After reviewing the updates, Save the data to system.
That's all, you have successfully created a new user(s). Share the username and password set up to the user and they'll be able to login into the system.