If your business is small and there are not much variation in the menu at each location - you can manage your item-location associations right at the time of setting up item.
Here is the link to Item detail article, where we talked about associating/dis-associating item with location
But, when you have many locations, and more complex associations - going to each item and defining its associations can be very tiring.
To handle such complex use-cases, Prime has a more "sophisticated" approach. It has been described in the following diagram:
Here is the step-by-step guide that walks you through the workflow around associating/dis-associating items to locations (in bulk):
- From Location's list, first select the list of location to which you'd like associate/dis-associate items.
- Click on the Associate Items or Disassociate Item button - based on the task that you want to do.
- Let's say, you clicked on the Associate Item button, then a drawer with all the items will show up.
- Now, you can start filtering items based on Name, Tag & Category filters:
- After you are done filtering, select the filtered list and click the Associate(x) Items button.
- That's all. Your items have been associated/dis-associated with your locations.